SUBMIT A PROGRAM
The SJTA supports numerous programs in our region.
If your organization or facility is looking to grow junior tennis, please submit your idea for evaluation.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUB TENNIS WEEK
SJTA provides one week of tennis every summer at a low cost price hosted across the street from the William N. Pennington Facility at Reno High School Tennis Courts.
- Cannan Elementary School
- Clayton Middle School
- Corbett Elementary School
- Donner Springs Elementary School
- Duncan Elementary School
- Echo Loder Elementary School
- Greenbrae Elementary School
- Mathews Elementary School
- Mitchell Elementary School
2017 SCHOOL PROGRAMS
- Agnes Risley Elementary: in-school program
- Caughlin Ranch Elementary: after-school program
- Spanish Springs Elementary: after-school program
- Van Gorder Elementary: after-school program
- Verdi Elementary: in-school and summer school programs
Several times a year, the SJTA sponsors U.S. Professional Tennis Association and School Coaches workshops to support the instruction of the pros and coaches in our region.
USPTA SPECIALTY COURSE
SJTA hosted local pros and high school coaches were taught by Todd Dissly from Northern California. The training introduced “Essential Game Based Fundamentals” for every age and stage of teaching.
HIGH SCHOOL TENNIS COACHING
SJTA planned to a high school coaches workshop with USPTA Master Pro, Rosie Bareis.
In partnership with USTA NorCal, SJTA hosted a free tennis clinic training for Team UP schools offering after school tennis activities.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS