2017 GRAND PRIX POINTS STANDINGS FOR TOP PLAYERS BY DIVISION
Boys 18 & Under
Boys 15 & Under
Boys 12 & Under
Girls 18 & Under
Girls 15 & Under
Girls 12 & Under
The TOP 3 athletes from the Grand Prix series were awarded a gift card to The Outlets at Sparks.
The TOP 4 athletes from the Grand Prix series earned a free training camp at the University of Nevada with college players and college coaches in the Spring of 2018 in preparation for their summer tournament season. This is a rare opportunity to practice in the University environment where the athletes will train like a college player, work on all aspects of the game, and have a ton of fun!
Congratulations from the Board of Directors of the Sierra Junior Tennis Association
2017 SJT SPONSORED TOURNAMENT RESULTS
SJT TOURNAMENT BASICS
- Round Robin or Draw format depending upon participation.
- Lunch provided to all participants.
- All matches will be completed in one day unless weather causes the tournament to start and/or be completed on the following day.
- No refunds issued after the draw is made.
- Divisions Offered: 12 & Under; 15 & Under; 18 & Under. Divisions may be combined due to number of entries.
- Grand Prix Points will be awarded to all round-robin SJT tournament participants.
GRAND PRIX PROGRAM
Grand Prix points are awarded to all SJT round-robin tournament participants. Players will accumulate points throughout the round-robin tournaments based on the following point chart:
- 2 points for completing two rounds in a tournament
- 2 points for each round won in the round robin
- 2 points for a BYE if the following round is won
- 2 points for a 1st round default if the following round is won (2 points will be awarded for all other default wins)
ABOUT ROUND-ROBIN FORMAT OF PLAY
Tournament play is an integral part of a junior tennis player’s development. The round-robin draw gives juniors an opportunity to compete in more matches than they would play in a single elimination or consolation event.
- Everyone plays the same number of matches whether they win or lose.
- All divisions will either play 8 game pro-sets using no ad scoring or 2 out of 3 sets, depending on number of entries.
- Round-robins will have 5 or less participants in any division.
Click Here for USTA SANCTIONED REGIONAL TOURNAMENTS