EARN GRAND PRIX POINTS
Grand Prix points will be awarded to all SJTA tournament participants. Players will accumulate points throughout the round-robin tournaments based on the following point chart:
Junior Grand Prix Points Table
- 2 points for completing two rounds in a tournament
- 2 points for each round won in the round robin
- 2 points for a BYE if the following round is won
- 2 points for a 1st round default if the following round is won (2 points will be awarded for all other default wins)
At the end of the season the TOP 3 athletes from each division will be awarded a gift card to The Outlets at Sparks.
The TOP 4 athletes from the Grand Prix series will earn a free training camp at the University of Nevada with college players and college coaches in the Spring of 2019 in preparation for their summer tournament season. This is a rare opportunity to practice in the University environment where the athletes will train like a college player, work on all aspects of the game, and have a ton of fun!
If you have any questions please contact the tournament directors listed on each tournament home page.
SJTA TOURNAMENT BASICS
- Round Robin or Draw format depending upon participation.
- Lunch provided to all participants.
- All matches will be completed in one day unless weather causes the tournament to start and/or be completed on the following day.
- No refunds issued after the draw is made.
- Divisions Offered: 12 & Under; 15 & Under; 18 & Under. Divisions may be combined due to number of entries.
- Grand Prix Points will be awarded to all round-robin SJTA tournament participants.
ABOUT ROUND-ROBIN FORMAT OF PLAY
Tournament play is an integral part of a junior tennis player’s development. The round-robin draw gives juniors an opportunity to compete in more matches than they would play in a single elimination or consolation event.
- Everyone plays the same number of matches whether they win or lose.
- All divisions will either play 8 game pro-sets using no ad scoring or 2 out of 3 sets, depending on number of entries.
- Round-robins will have 5 or less participants in any division.